Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Policy Statement
We strive to ensure the protection of the environment, prevention of pollution, compliance with relevant environmental and social legislation, enhancement of social value and continual improvement in our ESG performance. The scope of this ESG policy covers the investment process and the operational activities associated with the properties that we manage.
Our key commitments are to:
- Evolve our business culture, governance structure and management processes to ensure that ESG factors are integral to our investment, development and management activities.
- Publicly disclose our ESG performance in order to improve accountability and to drive continual improvement.
- Incorporate ESG factors into general staff training.
- Encourage our suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders to improve their own environmental and social performance.
- Ensure that ESG factors are embedded in our acquisition due diligence and development / refurbishment activities.
- Develop our net zero carbon strategy, including direct and indirect emission sources, in order to manage climate-related risk across our operational footprint.
- Incorporate asset-level Sustainability Action Plans into our business planning processes to optimise resource use, minimise waste and achieve our ESG objectives:
- To reduce operational energy consumption and improve energy efficiency
- To enhance water efficiency
- To minimise the amount of waste generated and improve recycling rates
- To promote sustainable travel alternatives
- To enhance biodiversity
- Centralise our data collection procedures to facilitate transparency in the reporting of ESG performance across our portfolio.
- Drive a positive culture to encourage equality, diversity and inclusion and promote health, safety and wellbeing across all our operations.
- Engage regularly with our occupiers to deliver shared ESG outcomes.
- Measure and report wider social value benefits across our operational activities.
- Shelborn Asset Management has clearly defined ESG roles and responsibilities within company management structures.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place across our entire operation to protect against bribery, fraud and corruption.
- Promote a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking.